4.17.2014

Family Pictures

When the news of our agency being corrupt broke and our adoption hung the balance, a sweet friend said she really wanted to help. She wanted to start a photography business on the side and needed to create more of a portfolio-so she graciously had a mini-session photography fundraiser for us and also took some family pictures for us. I really can't begin to tell you how much this means to me. When she offered to do this, I had no idea what would come next and I certainly did not believe it would include any hope of continuing with adoption. But it's amazing how God puts hope where there isn't any. He strengths us in the littlest of ways. This friend already allows me to watch her little girl everyday-adding to the 'adoption fund' weekly. The idea that she would go out of her way to find another way to help when she didn't even know what she was helping with at the time-amazing. When she asked if she could raise some money for us-I told her I didn't even know what it would be for. "It doesn't matter. I just want to help." I want to be more like that. See a need and help. Immediately. Maybe before others even realize there is a need. That mini-session paid over half of our private investigator fees. Just because. And, we got some pretty cute pictures too. 




If you're in the Kansas City area, look up Just B Photography for some great pictures. It was even during nap time and she did great with our kids!