10.17.2013

embracing the camera

Last week this blog and this blog that I follow did a #embracethecamera challenge on instagram. Meaning, Moms need to embrace the camera and not just be behind it taking pictures of our kids. Both had stories about losing their mothers early and how much they cherished or wished they had more pictures of her to hold memories clearer. Our kids don't care if we don't have make up on, or are carrying a little extra weight, or whatever reasons we tend to stay out of pictures. They care that we are with them. So, I took the challenge and tried to get in a picture with them everyday. 

Monday's theme: smiles


Tuesday's challenge: Memories.
With Addilyn giving up naps most days the kids now go to bed at the same time. My favorite part of this is that we get to do prayers, songs, books, and a short devotion all together in Mom and Dad's bed. Hope they remember it always.


Wednesday's challenge: Everyday. 
I'm climbed on daily. 

And, I daily enforce the 'we only jump off the second step' rule. 

Thursday's theme: creativity
In this picture, Josiah is giving me a muffin that he 'cooked' and is protecting me from the lions jumping on it and were trying to get me. He's really into his imaginary friends lions lately. They are everywhere. 

Friday's theme: faces. 
We are all smashed together in 2 seats on the train ride to Grannie and Pops. When I paid for 3 tickets. Oh well. being smashed kept them happy.