11.06.2013

Thankful.

My plan was to do thankful blog posts everyday for November. Then my computer was being silly and I couldn't get pics to load. So, I'm behind. Ah well. 
November 1st was Grandmother's birthday. Her first birthday in heaven. We are still sad she is gone, but are joyful we got so much close, quality time with her. I'm so thankful for what a fantastic Grandmother she was. She was the exact opposite of what you'd think of when I say the formal name of 'Grandmother' but we always called her that-and I associate the words bright, loud, and fun with Grandmother. I'm so thankful she get to meet and love on both my kids. This week we were walking through target and there was a black cardigan with a zebra on it. I said something like "grandmother would have loved that" and Addilyn replied that "Ohhh Mom. If Grandmother was still alive-I would want to buy that for her for Christmas." 

I've heard so many stories of when I was little that I would lock my Grandmother in my room so I wouldn't have to share her attention with anyone else. I am so thankful for all of the memories we have with her. 


She was a part of nearly every holiday of my childhood (and my so far adult life). Always dressed up in the matching PJ's with us-and from what I learned while we were going through pictures-it actually started as her idea when we were tiny, then my mom got amazing and found adult sizes to match. :)